We all know the basic functionality of an antivirus- it monitors actions, scans files, and remove any risk iS detected. And so does Webroot! Despite the fact that Webroot safe is one among the highly used antivirus solutions, it removes the infected files or alerts its users to delete the file as it can cause fatal issues. Keeping the software’s alert message as a strong sign of file/ folder being infected and risky for your device, you can take action of deleting it permanently.
On the other hand, if you want to keep the file in case it is important and you know it is safe, make sure you allow Webroot antivirus to scan it deeply. If you have Webroot free version installed on your systems, you need to activate it to obtain high-end security measures. Install Webroot and user your Webroot keycode to use licensed software.
Providentially, the antivirus software enrolls its active users to block and allow files for scanning and other purposes. You can block/allow files settings to take priority over default scanning and shielding actions.
- Block — discontinue a file from carrying out to your computer.
- Allow — overlook a file during scan and protection.
- Monitor — observe the program to analyze if it is valid or linked to malware or malicious activities.
Steps to block or allow a file:
- Double-click the Webroot icon and launch it on the screen
- Select the PC Security gear icon
- Get into the tab section of Block/Allow Files
- A list will appear in the pane, find the following and take action accordingly
- Gray button- The level of protection is enabled
- White button – The level of protection is disabled
- If you want to add files, click the Add File button and select file(s) from the list
- For the file that you attached, pick any of the following actions:
- Allow — ignore a file during scans and shielding
- Block — stop a file from executing or being written to your computer
- Monitor — watch the program to determine if it is legitimate or related to malware
- In case you want to remove all files from the list, click ‘Remove All’ button
In case you fail to make or save the change, go to webroot.com/safe and check for your subscription validity, and take action accordingly.