With the advancement in technology, everything is online, from purchasing grocery to managing the accounts you can choose to pay through online payment portals. However, in the process, many of you encounter a term Cyber threat. The term is used to describe all the harmful possibilities in the cyber world to which your device or data is prone.
A cyber attack is a structured plan to harm your digital devices by using the cyber network. While many of the attacks in the cyber world are intended to make your life miserable, some of them may bring severe consequences and comes up with a potential to threaten your digital identity.
Why it is necessary to stay protected from Cyber threats?
Cyber threats can lead to data breaching, failure of military pieces of equipment and much more losses. The cyber threats can also result in the theft of sensitive data such as your medical reports. The cyber threat if changed to a cyber attack can disrupt your devices and can paralyze system, which can make data unavailable. You can say that cyber threats may affect the functioning and processing of your device.
What are the various types of Cybersecurity threats?
A Cyber threat comes in three broad categories wherein the scammers want to have:-
- To access the Financial data
- Creating disturbance in accessing your data
- Infiltration of valuable data
How you can manage and remove detected threats via Webroot?
The Webroot detects a threat or suspicious files from inbuilt feature to Secure Anywhere. It prompts to detect and manage the files, which have a vulnerability to attack your system. You can follow the steps mentioned below to manage the detected threats:-
- Review the list of file names, visible in the Result panel.
- Now, deselect the checkbox for which you recognize the name.
- You need the filename to run an application.
- If you have deselected the files, SecureAnywhere will restore to their original locations.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button, visible on the bottom right of the window.
- Click o the ‘Begin Threat Removal’ button.
- SecureAnywhere will now run the scanning process until traces are removed.
Important: – There are some threats, which might have been ignored. Therefore, you should also know about them while securing your data.
How can you manage the Ignored threats?
To manage the ignored threats, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- You have to tap the ‘Security’ option visible at the bottom of SecureAnywhere Mobile panel.
- Click on ‘Antivirus’ button.
- Click on ‘More’ button.
- Tap on ‘Ignored Threats’ option.
- Go to the Ignored Threats panel and perform either of the following:-
- Ignoring just one threat: you can tap the name of the threat until another panel opens by which you can remove a specific threat from the list.
- Ignoring all threats: Click on the ‘Menu’ button for your mobile device, click on ‘Clear Ignore List’.
It is essential to detect and manage the possible threats in the cyber world, which have the vulnerability to harm your device and data. To avoid such a situation you can download Webroot antivirus and stay protected from both Detected and Ignored threats.